Friday, September 2, 2011

Aesthetic Update #2 & Portfolio

While making some site updates, I randomly began playing around with some new banner ideas for this website. Several hours later, this blog layout was born. Although I enjoyed the FL-chan layout (image below, if you've already forgotten), I was aiming for something simpler than the colorful spirals from the older background. Admittedly, I don't know a great deal about the touhou characters who've taken FL-chan's spot, but I thought the art was really neat (still looking for the artist to whom credit is due). This layout is certain not perfect either (already some issues that I've identified); let me know if you have any suggestions or comments! It's been fun, FL-chan; perhaps we'll see each other again in a future aesthetic update. :P


More importantly than the visual updates, I've made some crucial changes to my "Portfolio" page in the Favicon at the top of the page. Whereas the "Portfolio" page was once something showcasing just my undergraduate work in composition and music technology, I've now expanded it to include my transcriptions and arrangements that were primarily hosted on my other website. This collection of sheet music encompasses work over many years of arranging and transcribing music, all the way back to my high school days. I've also added a few music-related articles I wrote in my undergraduate classes; I'm particularly proud of the Final Fantasy musicology paper. Check out my portfolio here, or in the link bar at the very top of the page.

Anyway, that's all for this time! I've been working on another longer, Bakemonogatari article-style post, so hopefully I'll have that ready to go in the near future. Have a good Labor Day weekend, my U.S. friends!

AdiĆ³s,

xds

No comments:

Post a Comment