Sunday, April 14, 2013

Piano Cover: Osmotic Pressure Symphony (Sasami-san@Ganbaranai)

In all honesty, the Winter 2013 anime season was a pretty disappointing one for me; I didn't truly love any of the shows I watched (apart from the carryovers from the previous season), and ended up dropping a number of the new shows. One show I did stick with, however, was Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, a SHAFT show with very SHAFT characteristics. I won't try to describe the show here, because it rather defies description, but suffice it to say I found it fairly entertaining, and definitely better than the other Winter '13 shows I watched. And admittedly, I did appreciate their choice of voice actresses for the Yagami sisters. :P


Translation: Welcome to your doom. (not really)

Sasami-san had a pretty unique running gag with its closing credits: different characters took turns attempting to sing the ED (badly), but we didn't get to hear the full song in all its glory (and correctness) until the last episode of the show. It was worth the wait, though; I really enjoyed the catchy, upbeat piece full of neat modulations and applied chords. I decided to start this new season off with a cover of this song, "Osmotic Pressure Symphony." Enjoy!

Osmotic Pressure Symphony (Sasami-san): Piano Cover



Artist: Kana Asumi
Date Completed: 2013-04-07
Software: Audacity, Sony Vegas
Number of Takes: 20ish
Instrumentation: Piano

New anime season is underway, so look forward to some more covers coming soon!

'Til then,

xds

1 comment: