Friday, December 31, 2010

My 2010 in Music

In some strange, oppressed part of my brain, I was convinced that 2011 would never actually come. As my college graduation year, it's been looming in my future for something like seven or eight years, but for much of that time, it's felt more like an idea or shadow rather than something very real and tangible. Yet here we are, at the dawn of this new era.

Before we dive headfirst into the new year, I'd like to take an opportunity to reflect on my 2010 experience. Rather than simply describe the events in my life, however, I'll instead elect to portray this past year through music. For me, music and life are inextricably connected; the pieces of music that truly resonate within my life are invariably tied to particular people, places, or events. The pieces of music listed below are the ones that, for one reason or another, truly took root and held meaning in my past year. In chronological order, here are my most influential pieces of music in 2010:

I Am the One - Inon Zur
Heart of Courage - Two Steps to Hell
恋爱达人 - Alan Luo
Coral Sea - Jay Chou
Insomnia - Wheesung
Down - Jay Sean
Diamond Dust - Richard Jacques
Paternal Horn - Naofumi Hataya, et. al.
Wind Scene - Yasunori Mitsuda
Sposalizio - Franz Liszt
I Want Love (Studio Mix) - Akira Yamaoka
Over the Edge - Edie Wellman :)
Like a G6 - Far East Movement
Symphony no. 4, mvt. IV - Johannes Brahms

Have a prosperous and joyful 2011!

Happy new year,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment